Search iGo Green Blog

A Passion for Organics

Bulk organic herbs, spices and essential oils. Sin

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

2010 New Year's Resolution

My commitment to become greener or more environmentally responsible started from my New Year’s Resolution in 2010: eat less meat, exercise more. I have seen about 5 lbs to 10 lbs weight loss within two months. Well, not much, but it is a promising start.

The meat industry is a notorious environmental polluter, most of us don’t want to know about the details of the factory farms where the majority of the meat comes from. But it is important to understand the impacts meat production has on our Earth and our health. Being practically green, buy Certified Organic meat at least half the time. Being even greener, eat less or no red meat (beef, pork, lamb). Go vegetarian once or twice a week, use less meat in your meals.

It works for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment