Search iGo Green Blog

A Passion for Organics

Bulk organic herbs, spices and essential oils. Sin

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Lazy Days, Itchy Days

I have been lazy these days...

I like to pull weeds from our yards in the front and in the back, every morning after I am done with my daily walking. The weed used to be dandelions, however, this year it is the weedy green ash seedlings. Lots of green ash seedlings are clustering in the grass, the offspring left from a dead green ash we cut down last fall.

The lawn is now becoming greener with less weed, then I saw some three-leaflet POISON IVY creeping here and there. Sometimes my hand is getting to touch or has already touched one of those tiny leaflets! Oh, my bad dream of those itchy days... is finally HERE!

How do I treat the poison ivy itches? Basically, I don't want to take any prescribed medicine. I apply herbal essence oil or ointment to the itching spots. I washed with hot salty water. I pinch and punch, I jump and stump... (just kidding!) Time heals my itching problem eventually. Usually it takes ten days to two weeks. So I am still itching, and it is getting better.

Bad news: Nosaj has itching rash starting from his neck. Poor baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment